Maybelline had launched their new range Color Jolt Matte Lip paint sometime last year. It was quite raved about by many beauty bloggers. These Lip paints promised 8 times more pigment so i picked 2 shades out 8 available shades. Lets see how they fared shall we?
Maybelline New York Color Jolt Matte Lip Paint
Color Jolt Lip Paint by Maybelline goes where no lipstick has dared to go before. It delivers shocking color and shine and its 1000 watt shine will truly electrify your surroundings like no other. Amp up the intensity with this super vibrant lip paint.
- Pigment packed
- Delivers 8x more pigment in every drop
- Available in 8 gorgeous hues
Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate Disteardimonium Hectorite Silica Silylate Propylene Carbonate Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax / Cire Microcristalline Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate Calcium Sodium Borosilicate Silica Alumina
How to use product
- Apply the flocked tip precision applicator to the centre of your upper lip and follow the contours of your mouth.
- Glide across the entire bottom lip
What does it cost and where did i buy it from?
- It costs INR 450 and bought it from nykaa.com
Shades i bought
- 08 Flaunting my pink
- 07 Vanity Violet
As the name suggests, these are really Intense Lip paint. They are pure creamy pigments. Shade Flaunting my pink is Corally pink and Vanity Violet is magenta pink with the tinge of Violet undertone. Both shades has a bit say 10% neon finish to the color. But if you apply it correctly this can look good on all skin types. As they are super high on pigments i would suggest do not apply too much product at once, instead, build up as it suits you. I normally squeeze out a little amount on applicator and apply a layer on my lips. And i continue to do so until i get the desired shade. They are creamy in texture and they dry off matte after 5-10 mins of application. Also as it is pigmented its not 100% transfer proof. So to summarize
What i liked ?
- Super pigmented
- Has a creamy matte texture and dries matte
- Does not make lips dry
- Very little quantity and a thin layer is needed
- Comes in a squeeze tube with applicator making it travel friendly
- Stays for good 6-7 hours. With eating and drinking it would last 3-4 hours.
- Good range of shades available
- They are quite reasonably priced for the Quality and Quantity(5ml)
Although take care that you dont apply it on dry lips as it will end up settling in fine lines on lips and your lips will appear cracked even more than it is. But that is true for any Super matte lip products.
You guys should definitely give these a try and if you do, let me know how it was?
Happy Weekends 🙂