Todays post is about one of my several attempts at facial oils and how it turned out for me. So to start with let me tell you, my skin behaves like combination skin for most part of year, but in rare cases it becomes dry. There has been time when they become excessively oily too, and that is why I have always refrained myself from using facial oils. Now due to my curiousity I did try several facial oils which were available in India and were raved about. So let me start sharing my experience and a quick review on Grape Seed & Sea Buckthorn Glow-Restore Face Oils Blend by Plum Goodness
I started using Grape Seed & Sea Buckthorn Glow-Restore Face Oils Blend by Plum Goodness when my skin had become extremely dry to the extent where they had become flaky. No hydrating creams were working for me and makeup didn’t sit well on my skin. Here is my experience using it.
Product Overview and Claims on their website and packaging
This unique combination of 100% plant-derived oils (10 of them!) combats skin dryness, and restores natural health and glow to skin- without the greasiness one would expect from an “oil”. It gets to work instantly, restoring your natural glow by replenishing lost nutrients, fighting oxidative damage, and preventing Trans-Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL) from your skin.
We’ve carefully chosen ten oils for the richness of their natural chemistry!
- Handpicked mix of 10 natural oils to banish dryness & get you glowing
- Controls dryness effectively, thanks to oils rich in vitamin E, (vegan) squalene and vitamin A
- Brimming with antioxidants, minerals, essential fatty acids and other phyto-nutrients to heal, protect, repair and nourish skin
- Non-greasy texture that doesn’t feel like an oil at all!
- Can be used alongside your SPF cream and moisturizers
- Paraben-free, phthalate-free, as always
Everything that’s inside
1. Grape seed oil- great source of linoleic acid- reduces clogged pores
2. Sea buckthorn oil- richest source of vitamin C – limits free radical damage
3. Rose hip oil- extremely rich source of antioxidants- slows down ageing
4. Argan oil- rich in omega-6 fatty acids- eases inflammation
5. Sweet Almond oil- hydrates and protects
6. Apricot seed oil- natural source of vitamin A – lubricates and heals
7. Sunflower seed oil- rich in minerals- healthier skin
8. Olive oil- vegan source of squalene- repairs damaged skin
9. Pomegranate seed extract- rich in omega-5 fatty acids- counters free radical damage
10. Jojoba seed oil – contains vitamin B complex & iodine- heals
Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil,Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Vitis Vinifera (Grape), Fragrance
My decision to buy this was solely based on its ingredient list. I mean look at them and it being parabens free was a big plus.
I applied it mostly at nights and at times on day time too. Sometimes I apply it at day time I would look like a grease ball in next 2-3 hours. So I would wash my face after 3 hours of its application and my skin feels very moisturised and soft.
- It did not clog my pores at all
- It did banish my dry skin completely within 15 days.
- All the flakes on my skin is gone
- Morning after its application in the night my skin would look well moisturised and soft
- Good quantity for the price it comes with
- Only few drops needed, so this bottle will last forever
- Only for normal to dry skin. Not for oily and combination skin
- It face had healthy glow, the kind of glow skin has when it is well moisturized. Not the kind of glow our indian ad’s show
People with dry skin should definitely try this.
Do let me know if there is any facial oil that is worth the try in the comments below.